Could you be in an abusive relationship?
Create a Safety Plan!
- Do you know an adult that you can trust?
- Plan in advance to have a safe place to go.
- Keep money and your cell phone or calling card with you at all times.
- Memorize important phone numbers - cell phones are often taken by abusers.
- Establish a code word or sign so that family, friends, teachers and co-workers know when to call for help.
For help in the U.S. you can call the National Dating Abuse Helpline toll-free 24/7:
(for help in other countries view the helpline directory)
National Dating Abuse Helpline
(TTY for deaf/hearing impaired)